Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sponsorship

It's that time of year again. I have received 15 resumes so far with a few days left to go before the deadline. It will be a very tough decision on who to sponsor. I wish I could take them all as they each are deserving in their own way. Unfortunately that just isn't possible. Time and money only go so far.

Many looking for sponsorships see a photographer as not really necessary. A photographer can't help with parts, bikes, etc. right? Yea, but your other sponsors want to see you in action. Most cannot be at your races. I take it a step farther. The Sponsored Rider page of my web site will be expanding next season. I hope to be able to give riders the exposure they need with their sponsors. It takes so much time keeping bikes running, training, practice, travel, etc. that you just don't have time to maintain a proper web presence. I want to help fill that gap. It will not take the place of keeping in touch personally with your sponsors. That is an absolute must do for all who have sponsors. They want to hear the good and the bad. Stay in touch on a regular basis. Even it's Grandma and Grandpa!

Am I different than other photographers? I sure hope so. Promoting racers and racing in general is what I want even more than catching the perfect shot.

No comments: