Monday, October 27, 2008

Archview MX

With CRMX having to reschedule their Appreciation Weekend I headed over to check out Archview MX. What an awesome track. Lots of spectator seating with a good view of the track. Best dirt I've seen in quite some time. Multiple lines formed up quickly during practice. No hard pack, slick jump faces or flat track corners. I love quads as much as the next gal, but I do see how differently a track takes shape without them.

Being stuck in the "spectator" section was tough, but I had a great time being able to watch the races for a change. Denny Dooley is just amazing to watch. So smoooth. (I do know how to spell, he just deserves and extra "O"). Todd Sheedy was looking good, but just couldn't quite catch Denny. Great watching Rob Long again too. Hadn't seen him in awhile. Chase Sexton was having a good day as was Logan Dagner. New riders to me that stood out were Talon Kobush, Nick Peterson, Tucker Thower, Gulley brothers, and all of the women's class. Some really good riders there. There are quite a few more, but I'm just not putting names to bikes yet.

It's a bit of a drive for me to make, but well worth the trip. I strongly advise anyone going to race to get there early. Parking is tight.

No comments: