Monday, October 13, 2008

LTM Appreciation Weekend

Perfect weekend for racing. Thanks to TJ and the crew for a great year of racing. LTM is my "home" track and seems like a home away from home sometimes with being there so much.

I got the best of both worlds with MX on Saturday and Hare on Sunday. Quad 300 MX has been hot all year. This race between Rex Goodwin, Jacob Lynch and Wyatt Halfhill. When we can add in Tyler Duvall, Skylar Goff, and Ryan Wade it's even better. Now with Kyle Dye moving up to the 300 I can't wait for next year! This is a must watch class with so much talent it's impossible to predict who will cross that finish line first. 50 shaft gave me probably the best shot of the day. Joshua Franklin giving up a little mini whip out of the whoops. He was flying as usual.

Hare scramble numbers were down on Sunday. Where was everyone? Getting ready for Ironman I'm sure. Jon Shaff and Parker Jones are always a treat to photograph. Some of the toughest racers for me to catch since Scott Flechhour. PBP's Jarred Hall fought a race long battle with Chance Farve. Chance got him last race and Jarred was determined not to let him by again. Chance sure made him work for it. Great race guys!! Zach Kirchoff got a bad start on the 65 Beginner, but worked his way back to I think 3rd. (I really need to write down results) Big bikes found me hugging a tree as Derek Toberman and another rider (can't remember who right now) picked the wrong line. Yep, I'm a tree hugger of a different sort. Derek went on to finish 2nd, so maybe it was the right line after all. Jay Hall was simply hauling out there. What was in your Wheaties Sunday morning Jay? I think I could use some.

No comments: