Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend at LTM

Saturday the grass track was in terrific shape. Dark clouds and occasional sprinkles made for difficult shooting, but I've been through worse. Racing was hot. Kevin Shull sure gave Donnie Ockerman a run for the day! An mx'er who hasn't been on a quad in probably a couple months vs. a hare racer with a few years on him. ( I won't say how many;) What a show they put on! Darian Lindsey, Quintin Jones, Kyle Carrico, Tucker Thrower, Keeze Carver, Aaron Thompson, and some new faces in the Lopez family were great to watch. Spoke with Mr. Lopez briefly Saturday. Said he raced at LTM some 20+ years ago and brought the kids down from Wisconsin (I think) to give it a go. Carry on LTM! I hope that one day some of today's kids can bring theirs back to Casey to carry on the tradition of Midwest racing.

Hare Scramble was a challenge as always for me. I haven't started on those pictures just yet, but I think I did better with the flash this time. Not something I do a great deal of and still getting the hang of it. Please let me know if it bothers the racers! The 50's were again some of the best racing all day.

Sunday found the mx track a bit worn down and dry, but I was very happy to see many racers stuck around for the final day. My favorite for the day was probably Jacob Lynch. He was flying until his throttle cable broke. Tough luck!

A few injuries on both tracks and also off the track this weekend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you. Heal quickly.

UPDATE: Saturday's pictures are uploading now. Have to give props to a couple more racers I forgot: Chance Trigalet and whoever #741 was (didn't get a race roster). Last, but not at all least: Carter Gordon went 6-7 for the weekend. Awesome! And those new MotoFab/ProAction/PBP graphics are pretty sweet too.

No comments: