Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good friends, old bikes, and excellent racing.....

that's what I call a great weekend. Lincoln Trail is still the best place to be for AHRMA Vintage racing. Some things never change. Although I don't recall seeing Lincoln around, I did catch Jean Ramsey back in the tractor.

Saturday was Post Vintage on the modern track with a few changes. Older bikes don't care for triples and whoops so those sections were rerouted a little.
Rufas "outa gas" Gage

Lynn Williams racing through the rain

Bob Speiss stylin'

Sunday brought Vintage races on the grass track. My personal favorite. Real natural terrain racing. If anyone thinks old bikes are slow they need to attend a Vintage race. These guys and ladies will prove you wrong. They just don't stop as quickly!
Mark Stahlman was absolutely flying!
If only he could have seen.......

the look in Tom Bellamy's eyes behind him. The chase was on!

Larry Perkins with Mark Eichhorn close behind

Jared Scott

I hope I've got all the names correct. Please put me in check if I made a mistake. I only have the pleasure of capturing AHRMA once or twice a year. Names and bikes just don't go together for me very quickly. Please consider coming back to LTM and race along with the modern bikes again. Those kids and adults talked about vintage bikes and racers for weeks after last year's race. A new generation of potential vintage racers is out there. They just need to be more exposed to it.
It was certainly an eventful weekend. Thank you to all my good friends for your support. It's nice to know some folks have your back.





No comments: